KEY PURPOSEThe purpose of this position is to provide effective stores inventory and logistics management and services to Engineering & Maintenance Department of Dubai Metro.REASON FOR ROLEIn charge of controlling warehouse facilities in both Red and Green line Depots and Satellite Stores at Stations & DepotAssist the Logistics Manager in planning, management and allocation of resources to provide effective inventory services and logistics to the Engineering & Maintenance Department of the Dubai Metro;
Section 2: Organisational Context
STRUCTURE AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIPThis position reports directly to the Logistics Manager This position manages a team of Assistant Store Manager, Inventory Controllers, Lead Store Keepers & Store Keepers
Section 3: Role Essentials
BASED ON THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT OF THE ROLE
Key accountabilities • In charge of controlling warehouse facilities in both Red and Green line Depots and Satellite Stores at Stations & Depot; • Assist the Logistics Manager in planning, budgeting, management and allocation of resources to provide effective stores management, inventory services and logistics to Engineering & Maintenance Department of the Dubai Metro;
• Supervise and oversee all aspects of stores inventory administration; • Set-up and implement layout and space management; stores organisation chart; stores procedures and instructions relevant in delivering effective warehouse management;
• Carry out the effective control in storage, transactions and issuing material for all sections of maintenance department to ensure the adequate supply of spares items;
• Maintain accurate records of maintenance spares, consumables and tools inventory and inventory records using a computerised maintenance management system;
• Monitors and follow-up MMS program against actual activities; • Issues Inventory Report; in/out status report; dead stock report, goods age report, consumption report and other report requirement to Engineering and Maintenance Department. • Proactively, initiates improvement and development of warehouse; • Supervise Assistant Stores Manager in liaising with Purchasing Department in requisitions, in receiving, verification of accuracy of purchased materials and technical acceptance by end users. • Maintain all store rooms including scrap rooms in good condition, follow MSDS while making arrangement for storing hazardous substances, arrange disposal of scrap in time in line with municipality & client requirements
• Attend Meeting with client & maintain the Warehouse KPIs according to targets agreed with the client.• Perform and carry out duties as instructed/directed by the Logistics Manager.Essential qualifications • Higher diploma in Inventory Management or equivalent; • Knowledge with Maximo, ERP (enterprise resource planning) and PC literacy skills are essential.
Essential technical, professional skills, knowledge and essential experiences Skills
• Must be a skilled manager in communicating, motivating and developing staff; • Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies; • Ability to think laterally and analyse and assess a range of information; • Ability to multi-task and analyse situations promptly and without bias so as to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardising human safety, quality and the committed performance targets;
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to railway operations; • Preferably holder of a valid UAE driving license.
• A strong engineering inventory management career with a minimum of 8 years’ experience, preferably in the rail, transport, auto, heavy engineering or similar industries; • At least 2 years supervisory and management experience with the ability to manage rail systems specific spare parts and consumables inventory;
• Proven experience and ability of organising and maintaining contract and project documentation, ability to negotiate maturely and confidently with contractors and customers;
• A sound professional contractual and purchasing background and experience in preparing tender contracts, procedures, technical specifications, safety and quality plan as required; • Sound commercial judgement in procurement reporting with an analytical approach would be highly desirable; • Ability to negotiate maturely and confidently with contractors and customersAdditionaldimensions, KPIs or special features of the role • Responsible for supervision of significant number of technical staff;• Reporting to the Logistics Manager and providing technical leadership to the Assistant Store Manager, Lead Store Keepers and Store Keepers• Taking temporary key responsibilities in absence of Logistics Manager when deputised.• Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements;• Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies stated above;• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions;• To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco’s controlled premises/systems• Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties;• Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels;• Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental;• Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peer, subcontractors and third parties.• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities • Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.