KEY PURPOSEThe purpose of this position is to lead, plan and provide comprehensive Engineering and Maintenance consultancy services to the RTA, interfacing with the Expolink Contractors on the Route 2020 project covering the Signalling systems and software upgrades.
STRUCTURE AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIPThe role sits within Route 2020 Project Team reporting to Signalling 2020 Project Manager.
BASED ON THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT OF THE ROLE
• Facilitate site visits for contractors in order to gather information, conduct survey, perform rectification works, etc.• Provide site supervision on site during works to ensure ease of access and safe work without disruption to the Metro operations and maintenance; and with minimal disturbance of passengers• To provide site supervision during construction works by the appointed contractors• Guide the Client, Expolink Contractors and Design Architects to specific areas of the Metro required for survey and inspection with approved access• Brief the Client, Expolink Contractors and Design Architects on building safety and evacuation routes during visits• Provide input in relation to station footprint and to 5 meter surrounding the footprint, which is within the jurisdiction of the Metro• Assist in enabling authorised access work sites• Ensure that the facilities are in a safe and good working condition; report any abnormalities to concerned parties• Provide effective communications and information with internal and external parties in an efficient and timely manner• Responsible for ensuring the efficient and safe evacuation of Projects’ staff/subcontractors from work site premises in the event of fire or any other emergency situations• Prepare progress reports (daily, weekly, monthly) for the activities undertaken, pre and post inspection reports and any other ADHOC reports as required by the Project teams• Prepare incident/accident reports and inform concerned authorities• Meet and greet customers and provide a high level of customer service• Perform shift and emergency duties when required• Perform and carry out other project co-ordination duties as instructed/directed by Signalling 2020 Project Manager
SAE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
• Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Safety, Assurance & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements• Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above• To exercise their personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions• Promote a good SAE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties• Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels• Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental• Promote a good SAE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties• Able to operate and carry out station safety equipment• Assuming the role of Incident Officer (IO) for serious accidents and incidents in Serco controlled buildings when necessary, and undertaking investigation
Safety Critical Competencies (where applicable)
• Communicating with Controllers (Operations, Communications and Maintenance).Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications Knowledge
• Ideally a degree holder or higher diploma of post-secondary education in a related discipline;
• A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability• Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation• Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment• Good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role• Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Preferably 3 years, minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in supervising a team of front line staff delivering customer services in a metro station or equivalent• Thorough understanding of station operations and associated activities
Additional/special features of the role
• Perform advanced clerical or administrative works requiring excellent communication and coordinating skills; may also co-ordinate the work of a small admin team consisting of 2 or 3 staff• Manages non-routine aspects of own job with limited supervision. Occasionally responsible for supporting junior/support staff• Routine decisions based on standard rules and procedures• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for delivering job outputs• Participates cooperatively and makes constructive contribution to team efforts. Supports junior team members• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak-up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.